This project looks to do a review of policies in the Gambier Island’s Official Community Plan.
During the scoping of this review, the LTC has identified the following as areas for review:
- Policies regarding the current Wilderness Conservation (Crown) lands
- Policies to direct park and trail prioritization
- Shoreline protection
- Updating OCP schedules based on more current mapping data
- Review of Development Permit Areas (including Riparian Areas Regulation)
- Protection of archaeological and cultural sites
- Review of advocacy policies
- Policies to promote economic development
- Policies to promote liveability and services for island residents
- Private Institutional (camp) use policies
August 2016 | Results of Community Survey
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the preliminary Gambier OCP Community Survey. The results can be found here.
Special Meeting with the Squamish First Nation