North Pender Island LTC 2014 News
For the latest news, please visit our home page
- The 2015 North Pender Island LTC Regular Business Meeting Schedule is now adopted. For a printable version, click here.
- The meeting agenda was kept short and only included a few time sensitive matters. The LTC was briefed on the Age Friendly Planning Project and a recent grant the LTC was awarded by the Union of BC Municipalities. The LTC also discussed the meeting schedule for this new term and indicated community input into the scheduling of LTC meetings is welcome. Please contact Trustee Diane Barber or Trustee Derek Masselink directly with feedback. The LTC also held an In Camera portion of the meeting to discuss confidential legal issues. The first regular business meeting of this term’s Local Trust Committee will be held on January 22, 2015.
- Islands Trust receives grant for age-friendly community plan for North Pender Island. Read More>>
- The North Pender Island Local Trust Committee has scheduled a Special Meeting for December 17, 2014. Read More >>
- The North Pender APC will meet on Monday, December 8, 2014 at 12:30 p.m. at the Community Hall Lounge, 4418 Bedwell Harbour Rd to review the LTC referral of NP-RZ-2012.1, an application to rezone part of the property at 4606 Razor Point (also adjoining Hamilton Rd) for a Solid Waste Transfer Station and In-Vessel Composter. All APC meetings are open to the public.
- October 29, 2014 and November 3, 2014 to review the Conservation Subdivison Project; elect a Chair & Vice-chair and an APC orientation/process refresher. Read More >>
- Due to conflict of schedule, the revised meeting schedule is available here.
- The LTC held a Community Information Meeting and Public Hearing for Bylaws 195 &197 (Clam Bay Farm) which were then given second and third reading, and referred to the Executive Committee and the Ministry. The LTC reviewed NP-RZ-2012.1 (Burdett); requested more information, including a drainage report be provided, and made some changes to draft bylaw 196 (to be posted). The LTC then directed the bylaw to be referred to the Advisory Planning Commission once the additional information is received. The LTC also issued a TUP renewal on Port Washington Road.
- The LTC will hold a Public Hearing at its Regular June 26, 2014, Business Meeting. Click here to read the Official Notice. For more information on the proposed bylaws No. 195 and No. 197 go to the Bylaws page.
Page last updated: 22/03/19