Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee News
Subscribe to the Salt Spring Island Latest News updates and receive the latest information on official community plan reviews, staff reports, notifications and other documents published in this section.
For the latest news, please visit our home page
- November 4, 2017 | Come share your vision for the properties along the next phase of the Ganges Harbourwalk. A Community Consultation Event will be held at the Lions Hall (103 Bonnet Avenue) on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Read More
- October 5, 2017 | Community Information Meeting for 270 Furness Road. For further information about the CIM and SSI LTC meeting, please see the Notice.
- September 7, 2017 | Please be advised the September 7, 2017 Regular Meeting of the Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee is cancelled. The next scheduled Local Trust Committee Regular Meeting is Thursday, October 5, 2017.
- July 20, 2017 | The SSI LTC: approved the DVP for 359 Long Harbour; approved the DP for a new sign at 106 Jackson, directed staff prepare draft bylaws regarding the Dragonfly Commons Affordable Housing application at 221 Drake; and approved the DP for redevelopment of Salt Spring Marina’s moorage structure at 126 Upper Ganges.
- June 30, 2017 | Our Groundwater, Our Responsibility Join Islands Trust and partners for a free workshop on wells and their impacts on groundwater. Find details of a workshop near you.
- June 29, 2017 | The SSILTC: endorsed the watershed management project charter, allocated $18,000 for a wells inventory and groundwater monitoring pilot program and requested staff apply for a grant from the Real Estate Foundation; Forwarded the 805 Lower Ganges Road application to the ALC with support; Approved the DVP for 367 Cusheon Lake Road; Approved the DP and DVP for 711 Mansell Road; Referred the application for 126 Upper Ganges to the APC; Adopted Bylaw 497 regarding Lot 15 Park Drive; and, regarding 805 Vesuvius Bay Road, read Bylaws 502 and 503 a first time and referred them to the APC, First Nations, and public agencies.
- June 1, 2017 | The SSILTC: amended Bylaw 489 and requested staff hold open houses regarding the implementation of proposed Bylaws 488, 489 and 490 (SSI Industrial Lands Project); amended Bylaw 487 (regarding a Rural Watershed Uses OCP and LUB Update), and read it a second time; amended Bylaw 496, and gave first and second reading, and requested staff refer them and schedule a Public Hearing; directed staff undertake community engagement, including a Community Information Meeting, to gather feedback on the scale of development for the properties adjacent to the proposed Ganges Harbourwalk; referred a non-farm use application for 805 Lower Ganges Road to the SSI AAPC; requested staff forward the subdivision application for 902 Beaver Point Road to the ALC with support; requested staff prepare a draft bylaw to rezone 805 Vesuvius Bay Road from CA2 to R8 and requested that PARC consider construction of a public trail on the Margaret Road shoreline access road dedication to and across the property; appointed and reappointed members to terms with the APC and AAPC.
- May 4, 2017 | Following the Public Hearing for Lot 15, Park Drive, the SSILTC: requested staff work with the applicant for 145 Scott Point Drive; rescinded third reading of Bylaws 474 and 475 for 2850 Fulford-Ganges Road; gave third reading to the Lot 15 Park Drive bylaw and forwarded it to the Executive Committee; requested the applicant for 270 Furness Road submit reports and that staff prepare draft bylaws to amend the OCP and LUB; and added a review of the Short Term Vacation Rentals policy to the projects list.
- April 13, 2017 | The SSILTC: requested Bylaw Enforcement provide a report on STVRs and airbnbs; requested staff provide a report regarding Ganges Village Area Planning – Harbourwalk; reallocated project monies; directed staff provide information on Development Approval Information Bylaws; directed staff provide options and project estimates for contracting a consultant for both the Affordable Housing – Cottages and the Marine Environment Protection projects; directed staff to amend Bylaw No. 355 such that boundary fences be limited to 2.4 meters in height; amended SS-TUP-2017.2 180 - Thomas Road and approved issuance; approved issuance of SS-DVP-2017.2 Margaret Avenue; and forwarded the report, “Review of Report “Safe Yield Analysis For Surface Water Resources," to SSIWPA.
- March 2, 2017 | The SSILTC amended and gave first reading to draft Bylaws 488, 489, and 490. Learn more about the Industrial Land Uses project.
- March 23, 2017 | The SSILTC requested: staff refer 295 Roland Road to MOTI regarding roadway encroachment; and the applicant for 347 Bridgman Road submit archaeological reports and staff prepare draft bylaws to amend the OCP and LUB from CA 2 to a Rural zone variant The SSILTC discussed: short-term vacation rentals, rental accommodation, bed and breakfast businesses; and rainwater catchment for the Ganges village area.
- February 9, 2017 | The SSI LTC resolved: to administer, through SSIWPA, a partnership with Royal Roads university students to investigate the potential for rainwater harvesting; to contribute $2,000 to undertake a land use inventory of SSI agricultural land; and approved issuance of a service contract to conduct an hydrology review of the sustainable yield model developed by SSIWPA Technical Working Group. Regarding a proposal to amend zoning on Lot 15 Park Drive from CA4 to R6, the SSI LTC: gave Bylaw No. 497 second reading; requested staff schedule a Public Hearing; and requested the applicant forward an archaeological report at or before the Public Hearing. The SSI LTC approved issuance of DPs for 1429 Fulford-Ganges Road conditional upon receipt of a landscaping security and for 121 Upper Ganges Road.
- January 31, 2017 | The Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee is seeking your input on continued funding for coordination of the Salt Spring Island Watershed Protection Authority (SSIWPA). SSIWPA brings together multiple agencies to work together for water management on Salt Spring Island. The Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee is requesting a $98,500 Special Property Tax Requisition for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. For more information, please see the FAQ or contact the Islands Trust at 250-537-9144.
Page last updated: 20/11/17