The Rural Watershed Uses project focuses on potential changes to the regulation of agriculture in the Rural Watershed 1 and 2 zones on Salt Spring Island. The objective of the project is to limit potential negative impacts on drinking water quality from farming.
PROJECT UPDATE: At the February 26, 2019 Local Trust Committee (LTC) meeting, the LTC adopted Bylaws 487 and 496.
While copies of Staff Reports, Bylaws, Correspondence and other documents are available on this project page, the complete Public Hearing Information Binder is available for viewing at the Islands Trust Salt Spring Office.
• Guide for Bylaw Development in Farm Areas
• Livestock, Drinking Water & Fish
• Cattle - Grazing Our Watersheds
• Watershed Stewardship: A Guide for Agriculture
• Cusheon Watershed Management Plan 2007
• Salt Spring Island Area Farm Plan 2008
• St Mary Lake Integrated Watershed Management Plan 2015
• May 4, 2017 - Staff Memorandum
For more information or to provide feedback, please contact:
Jason Youmans, Island Planner