Roles and Responsibilities
Executive Committee Roles and Responsibility
- To consider approval of all bylaws based on compliance
requirements with the Trust's object and Policy Statement.
- To review and provide recommendations to Trust Council on all
Trust Council bylaws.
- To work with the Chair in the preparation and facilitation of
effective Trust Council meetings and to review and make
recommendations on all Trust Council agenda items.
- To serve as a liaison between all Council Committees and to
coordinate inter-committee communication, follow up on Trust
Council referrals and Committee submissions to Trust Council via
the Executive Committee.
- To assist Trustees, Council Committees, Local Trust Committees
and the Chief Administrative Officer in resolving internal
- To ensure the Islands Trust's legislative adherence with Trust
bylaws, policies, procedures and guidelines, and relevant
provincial and federal legislation.
- To monitor legislation of the federal and provincial government
through facilitating Trust input to relevant legislation proposals
and the assessment of relevant new legislation.
- To coordinate Council's legislative amendment program by
maintaining a legislative change program of current and possible
proposals recommending legislative changes to Trust Council.
- To facilitate the development of protocol agreements with other
agencies to maximize inter-agency cooperation to pursue the Trust's
- To coordinate the Islands Trust policy development program and
to review all policy matters presented to Council and to review all
policy matters presented to Council.
- To review and provide comment on management's operational
Organizational Strategic Planning
- To monitor the development and implementation of the Trust's
work program function.
- To coordinate the development, preparation and implementation
of an organizational strategic plan.
- To facilitate an ongoing Trustee training and orientation
- To coordinate an effective agency liaison with external
government, private and non-profit sector agencies.
- To coordinate an effective public relations program through the
development of targeted public communication efforts.
- To maximize effective internal communications by facilitating
opportunities for Trustees, LTC's, Council Committees, Trust
Council and staff consultation and information exchange and
provision of services and resources.
Trust Fund Liaison
- To facilitate financing and service arrangement by the Islands
Trust to the Trust Fund program.
- To facilitate effective liaison between the Trust Fund Board
and other Islands Trust entities.
- To facilitate feedback on the organization's and/or staff's
performance via the Chief Administrative Officer and monitor
appropriate follow up action by management.
- To coordinate recruitment, appraisal, discipline and/or
termination actions associated with the Chief Administrative
Officer in consultation with Trust Council as required.
- To review and provide input to Management's operational
procedures, proposals, plans and issues.
Page last updated: 01/10/15