2017 Nominations Open
Have you noticed:
A friend, neighbour or group of people who takes exceptional care of the land?
A teacher who inspires students to understand and care for the environment or a student who leads peers in protecting the ecosystem?
A business that actively supports the community?
Recognize these exemplary members of our community for their commitment to preserving and protecting the islands or marine environment in the Trust Area.
The Islands Trust Community Stewardship Awards recognizes individuals and groups for programs or actions that have made a significant contribution towards the object of the Islands Trust and relate to the Islands Trust Policy Statement.
Learn about past projects and winners.
If you know someone who deserves to be recognized, please submit your nomination by April 18, 2017.
Nomination forms are available upon request from email@example.com or 250-405-5164.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions and if you still have questions e-mail us or call 250-405-5192.
The Islands Trust Council will announce the award recipients in June 2017.
Local trust committees and/or island municipalities will make presentations to the award recipients in late summer or early fall.
The updated policy about the program provides details about the eligibility criteria. Please note:
- The Islands Trust Council will now evaluate nominations based solely on the information in the nomination form. Letters of support and other supporting materials are discouraged and will not be part of the evaluation.
- Organizations that provide goods or services to the Islands Trust are eligible so long as the nominated project did not receive payment from the Islands Trust.
- Projects that have received support from the Trust Fund Board are eligible if the value of the Islands Trust Fund cash and in-kind support is less than 50 per cent of the project budget.
- Former Islands Trust staff, trustees (including Trust Fund Board appointees) and contractors are now eligible 24 months after they have received their last payment for services.
- Current staff members, contractors, and trustees (including Trust Fund Board appointees) are NOT eligible to be nominated.
For more information, please call:
(250) 405-5164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org